Golf Instructor and Coach at Antelope Hills G.C. as a Life Member of the PGA Philosophy on being a Golf Professional: “They don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” I care about others. Having a servant attitude - to your members, community and staff - is key to being a good golf professional. GOLF – stands for Great Opportunities, Lifetime Friends. Make Golf Great Again by playing in a Safe, Fast & Courteous manner. I have enjoyed many experiences and been blessed beyond my wildest dreams and I attempt to give back to others the opportunities and memorable experiences that are available through the game of golf.
• PGA Member since 1980
• SWSPGA Board of Directors 2006-2010
• Chairman of the SWSPGA Junior Golf Committee 2004-2010
• Member of the National PGA Junior Golf Committee 2009-2010
• Developed the SWSPGA Junior “FUNdamental Golf Program” in 2007
• 2000 – Golf Digest’s “Best Service in North America” The Raven at South Mountain, as Director of Golf
• 2000 & 2001 – Golf World Business “Top 100 Golf Shops” The Raven at South Mountain
• 2002 – Southwest Section PGA Junior Golf Leader
• 2005 – Golf Digest’s Top 10 Instructors in Arizona
• 2007, 2010 & 2011 – Southwest Section PGA President’s Plaque awards (Player Development for the Growth of the Game)
• 2008 – Southwest Golf Media Association’s Bob Goldwater award (promotion of the game of golf and representing the values of the game)
• 2009 – Southwest Golf Media Association’s Club of the Year – Shalimar CC
• 2013 – Southwest Section PGA Golf Professional of the Year
• Coached City of Tempe’s Special Olympics Golf Team from 2006-2010
• Bradshaw Mountain (Prescott area) Special Olympics Golf Coach 2011 – current
• Founded the East Valley Friendship League for Special Olympic Golfers to participate in golf all year long (still operational)
• Past Vice President of the Junior Golf Association of AZ and Member of the Board of Directors of the JGAA since 2000
• Founded the “Cliff Whittle Cup” junior golf developmental golf program in 2007 serving the East Valley
• Instituted a Disabled Veterans’ Golf Program in 2012 in conjunction with the Northern AZ VA Medical Center to introduce golf to disabled veterans and provide them with golf equipment, golf instruction and on-going golf rounds for them at no charge. So far, have graduated over 100 Veterans with our one day a week, 5-week sessions.
• Certified Titleist Performance Institute instructor & Certified Henry Griffitts clubfitter • Ingrid (my faithful companion and Therapy Dog) and I were members of the Hospice of the Valley Pet Therapy Team and continue to serve various organizations in Prescott with visits to hospitals & assisted care facilities.